AACo has several standing and ad hoc committees and task forces which provide oversight and advice on matters of concern to the Board of Directors.
Fiscal Affairs Committee
The AACo Fiscal Affairs Committee provides oversight of the association's resources and works with the executive director in the development of the association's annual budget.
The AACo Bylaws Committee annually reviews and considers revision of the association's constitution and bylaws.
The AACo Conference Committee works with the executive director to develop the strategic goals of the association's conferences and workshops.
Legislative Policy Committee
View details on the Legislative Policy Committee.
Veterans & Military Service Task Force - Committee Completed its Work; Currently Inactive
The AACo Veterans and Military Service Task Force was created to engage AACo, community stakeholders, and its members to develop and highlight voluntary county best practices and policies to promote the innovative program, services, and benefits for our nation's military, veterans, and their families. These efforts focused on justice, law enforcement, physical and mental health, employment, and housing issues. The task force was chaired by:
- The Honorable Chad Roche, Chair, Pinal County Clerk of the Superior Court
- The Honorable Bill Rummer, Yavapai County Justice of the Peace, Mayer Justice Court
- The Honorable Gerald Williams, Maricopa County Justice of the Peace, North Valley Justice Court
- The Honorable Dan Ryan, Maricopa County Constable, McDowell Mountain Justice Court
- The Honorable Brad Carlyon, Navajo County Attorney
- Ms. JoAnn Serviss, Arizona Coalition to End Homelessness
- Ms. Nicola Winkel, Arizona Coalition for Military Families
- Assistant Deputy Director Mike Klier, Arizona Department of Veterans' Services
- Lieutenant Colonel Cosme Lopez, Arizona National Guard
- Ms. Monica Cabrera, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs